“Your hand and your mouth agreed many years ago that, as far as chocolate is concerned, there is no need to involve your brain.”
These― Dave Barry
I’m currently in New Zealand. My parents are about to celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary (I’m the eldest – you can do the maths!) and I’ve flown down earlier than David to help organise the celebration.
Which left David and the pooch in Sydney.
Like me, David’s been dabbling with marrying his hybrid AIP diet and a keto’ approach.
And, since he has a significantly sweeter tooth than me, I thought I’d leave him a few goodies in my absence.
These wee beauties are top of the hit parade!
David has a big issue with dairy, but not with chocolate (depending on ingredients) or with nuts – so, I have created these ’emoticon’ frozen fat bombs to keep his sweet tooth satisfied. There’s no added sugar – other than in the chocolate. And since I only use very dark chocolate, sugar is kept under control.
Just a note on nuts – I make every effort to activate (or soak) my nuts before using them – either to eat or to use in cooking. It makes them easier to digest, improves the flavour and increases nutrient density. You can find out how I activate my nuts (insert eyebrow wiggle) here.
Here’s the recipe for my cheeky wee frozen Chocolate Almond Fat Bombs…
- ⅓ cup almond butter (can substitute other nut butter of choice)
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 55g / 2 ounces dark chocolate (I use 88%)
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
- Place all your ingredients into a medium ceramic or glass bowl. Pop over a saucepan of gently simmering water and stir until melted. Take care to ensure the bottom of your bowl is not touching the water.
- Pour into your molds of choice.
- Pop into the freezer for two hours.
- Remove from molds and store in an airtight container in the freezer.
E N J O Y !